Nanny nad Governess QualificationsWe recruit nannies with a minimum of 5 years childcare experience, or 3 years of experience + qualifications. We specialize in providing the highest standard of childcarers and mainly recruit nannies and governesses with relevant childcare qualifications. There are many courses, schools and trainings our nannies attend, the most recognised ones would be:


(Level 2 and level 3) CHILDREN’S CARE, LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT. Professional Practice - students will work with a range of children aged 0-8 in a variety of settings e.g. Private Nursery, Primary School, Special School. Taught units of work – units of work cover a variety of areas e.g. Understanding Children’s Development, Keeping Children Safe, Children’s Learning Activities and Play, Communication with Children and Adults. Core units must be passed in order to gain the qualification.


The Council for Award in Childcare and Education. They are a specialist body that develops courses and qualifications in child care. They have four roles 1.To write and assess training courses for new entrants to the childcare and education and play work professions. 2. To accredit the competence of childcarers and play workers in their workplace. 3. To raise the standard of children's care and education and play work. 4. They are the Early Years National Training Organisation. CACHE Foundation Award in Caring for Children (CFCC) a taster course giving an introduction to the type of knowledge and understanding required when working in childcare. CACHE Level 2; Certificate in Childcare and Education (CCE) - a one-year full-time or two-year part-time course for students wanting to be child care assistants. Having gained the Certificate, you may progress to other qualifications such CACHE Diploma in Child Care and Education or, once working, to the Level 3, NVQ in Early Years Care and Education which offers assessment in the workplace. CACHE Level 3, Diploma in Child Care and Education (DCE) (Previously known as NNEB) this is a two-year full-time or three-year part-time course and is equivalent to two A-levels. It is a level 3 award. The course takes two years to complete and covers health, safety, nutrition and educational play for ages up to seven. Around 60% of student’s time is spent in college and the remaining 40% is spent with different age children on placements in homes, day nurseries, hospitals and junior schools. Around half those who graduate with the diploma will go onto work in local authority, private day nurseries and hospitals while the rest will become nannies with families. Combined with at least one years experience in the work place, it qualifies candidates to undertake the two year full-time Diploma in Social Work. Social workers with a nursery nurse background are particularly suited to work in child protection and residential children's units. CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Childminding Practice (CCP) develops the knowledge and skills for those who are or are looking to become a registered childminder. Developed with the National Childminding Association (NCMA)


The Chiltern College is renowned for its high quality unique childcare training. The Tutorial Department and purpose built accommodation is at the heart of the campus. It is surrounded by our large day care nurseries and extensive gardens, where children aged 2 months to 5 years play and learn. The Tutorial Department is well equipped and designed specifically for the study needs of childcare students with two light and well appointed teaching rooms, a large hall, library and computer suite. Consistently received “Exemplary” Inspection Reports from our Awarding Body and have consistently received a 100% pass rate for the Diploma Course. Their nurseries have also recently been awarded an “Outstanding” Ofsted grade. Highest possible standards in both academic and practical training for our students.


MNT Training are independent training providers of accredited courses for child-carers including Nannies and Maternity Nurses and are regarded by many as the UK specialists in training for Maternity Nurses. Initial and ongoing training for early years practitioners. Common core skills training for all sectors of the children's workforce (home-based and non home-based) to meet Ofsted requirements. Supporting teaching and learning (STL) teaching assistant courses. Expanding range of childcare courses available including childcare courses from home, nanny qualifications and teaching assistant courses for teaching assistants. Most of the courses are accredited either by CACHE, OCN OTC or the PFAA (Paediatric First Aid Association).


The Montessori Method is an internationally renowned qualification. It is a method and philosophy that gives much more individual attention to the child and his/her needs and encourages him/her to develop at his or her own pace. It is a holistic curriculum that aims to develop the child socially, intellectually, physically and emotionally. In order to graduate as a Montessori teacher, you will need a minimum of a college degree and a year's student teaching under supervision. Once you graduate, you can work with infants, toddlers, pre-primary or elementary level children.


An NNEB diploma in nursery nursing indicates the holder undertook a full time 2-year course covering the ages of 0-7. This is probably the most widely recognised qualification and gives student’s hands on experience in addition to the academic course which covers the physical, social, educational, intellectual and emotional needs of different ages. Other areas of study include health and hygiene, play and first aid.


Students studying on the full time degree course at Norland College also work towards the Norland Diploma. The Norland Diploma is what makes Norland graduates unique and highly sought after. Emily Ward believed that professional childcarers should not only learn about the theory of caring for children, but that they should also learn how to use that knowledge in a practical way. This is what the practical lectures of the Norland Diploma teach. These lectures are fully integrated into the academic courses and enable students to apply the theory to practical situations. All full time students spend some of their time at college working towards this prestigious qualification. In order to achieve the Norland Diploma students must successfully complete a certificate in all 3 practical lectures, obtain food hygiene and first aid certificates and successfully complete each of their practical placements and their probationary post.


(Level 2, level 3 and level 4) The NVQ (National Vocational Qualification) is a government initiative to give people with experience but no formal qualification the opportunity to get a recognised qualification. This is not an academic qualification but based on practical experience in the work place. NVQ's are assessed within the workplace where students have to prove that they have achieved a certain level of competence and capability. Students have to complete 15 modules and courses can take up to two years to complete: Candidate can take as long as they need to complete the award. You don't actually have to be in paid employment to be assessed for an NVQ - a voluntary worker could qualify. Crucially you have to be in a workplace setting.


The Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) is a one-year course in England, Wales and Northern Ireland for undergraduate degree holders that allows them to train to be a teacher. In addition to the PGCE qualification itself, those taking the course in England or Wales are recommended for either English or Welsh Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), which is required to teach in maintained schools in England and Wales. Those passing PGCEs in Northern Ireland are granted 'eligibility to teach' in Northern Ireland (equivalent to QTS). Though the QTS/eligibility to teach only applies in the Home Nation it was awarded in, applying for QTS/eligibility to teach in either of the other two Nations is a formality and is nearly always awarded to PGCE holders. Furthermore, the PGCE is also widely-recognized in Scotland and the rest of world, allowing holders to easily register as teachers there. This course includes credits towards a master's degree.


Teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) refers to teaching English to students whose first language is not English. TEFL usually occurs in the student's own country, either within the state school system, or privately, e.g., in an after-hours language school or with a tutor. TEFL teachers may be native or non-native speakers of English.


Qualified teacher status (QTS) is the accreditation that enables you to teach in state-maintained and special schools in England and Wales. Anyone who wants to teach in a state-maintained school in England or Wales needs to gain qualified teacher status (QTS). To achieve this award, you need to complete a period of initial teacher training (ITT), which will enable you to meet the professional standards for QTS; a formal set of skills and qualities required to be an effective teacher.