Special Needs Nannies
Royal Nannies London also cater for families with special needs children. We have many qualified and highly experienced special needs nannies available straight away.
How can a special needs trained nanny help?
Special Needs Children may have specific needs based on their impairment, our nannies are experienced and can help with:
- Setting goals
- Making slight changes in the child's enviroment
- Providing developmentally appropriate activities that will help the child feel capable and avoid activities that can be done only a certain way.
- Avoiding over stimulation
- Modeling appropriate play behaviours by being a play-friend
- Building up child's confidence
- Teaching specific skills that will help your child in further development
- Teaching non-disabled children/ siblings how to interact with a special needs child
- Providing opportunities and activities to support child's strenghts to help him feel successful and capable
- Watching for signs of any aggressive behavior and intervene quickly.
- Teaching problem-solving skills
How much does a Special Needs Nanny Cost?
- Salaries will depend upon age, experience, and the duties involved and will range from £400+ net per week for live in special needs carers and from £500+ for live out (daily) special needs nannies. Please note those are only guide minimums based on 5 day working week. Each position is individually negotiated and more experienced or qualified Special needs nannies may command higher salaries.